Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tribulation - A poem by David Reiner

Am I drowning like a dark romance?
Have I slipped beneath the waves with billowy layers of petticoats?
My heart is aching and pounding.
A tight pressure within my chest.
Is my heart muscle struggling and dying?
Is the oxygen deprived from my soul?
So short of breath and cold.

Have I been electrocuted?
The current surging through me.
The arrhythmia, stopping my heart dead.
Unconsciousness to the world.
No feeling left in my soul.
The wave of energy passing through.
Tearing my soul from within.

I have been robbed of my energy.
Happiness and enthusiasm evading me.
Frustration, sadness and grief consuming me.
Have I become hopeless to this world?
The worry and anxiety tunneling through my heart.
What is happening to the world around me?
The wars are intensifying castrating the souls.

Where is my lost love?
The one I live for and care for daily.
The one who consumed my heart with happiness and love.
The children who engulfed me with joy.
My soul has been ripped from me.
I gladly give myself for their happiness now.
I pass through to an unknown place.

Abandoned in a place called nowhere.
My heart aches eternally.
Where is this place where no love exists?
No feeling for each other.
Has the world gone mad?
The tribulation has approached us.
I am here alone now.

I hear a voice within the darkness.
Telling me to journey back, I don’t belong.
I hear the cries from thousands of souls as the towers came down.
I feel the pain of the world upon me.
I look to the heavens and a faint light appears.
A voice so thunderous saying “I Am”
I feel my body energize with thousands of volts.

The cries of the souls pass through me wave after wave.
Split between the now and then.
I feel the love of my family pulling me to a new place.
The love of my children and my one true love, my wife.
The love of my Father in Heaven guiding me.
Where does this journey go?
I follow the footsteps, the ones He left for me.

1 comment:

  1. Your poems are so deep, inspiring and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete