Monday, November 23, 2009

His Prophet - A poem by David Reiner

Up to heaven I looked
I saw a great light
My heart it was hooked
By His powerful might

He looked down at me
He called out my name
My soul filled with glee
He ignited a flame

Spread thee My word
Speak what Thy say
So deeply I heard
Fell to my knees and did pray

Enlightened I was at His marvelous words
The sky did turn red
My soul floated with birds
So much Knowledge filled my head

The tears did they flow
From deep within my heart
My soul sprang to life and did glow
His Prophet I am, the words they did start

God is my Father in heaven so dear
The blind soon will see
And the deaf will soon hear
All shout His name with glee

Believers all hear
Again he will come
Striketh deep fear
What shall we become

HIs word I will spread
His praise I will sing
He breaketh the bread
I sit upon His Angel's wing

The souls I will save
The great words I will speak
I will have not a grave
Nor will the humble and meek

His light it will shine
To our knees will we fall
All praise unto Thine
My soul thus receive His call

No comments:

Post a Comment