Friday, June 12, 2009

McDonald's Experiences

I am usually not a big complainer, but the McDonald's Restaurant by my house has to be on the list of one of the worst in the chain. I am a vertern in terms of feasting at McDonald's. I Have been going there since I was just a young child. I had been buying lunch at McDonalds about twice a week and buying dinners there for my family almost twice a week for the past year. It appears my relationship with McDonald's may be now ending due to one restaurant.

A few weeks back I visited this store and bought 6 meals, all with french fries of various sizes. There were only about 4 customers in the store. I waited patiently for my meal. After about 10 minutes one of the others waiting inside commented how slow the service was. All 4 of us had not received our orders. After 20 minutes went by, I asked the cashier where my order was, she commented that they were busy at the Drive Through and the Drive Through was more of a priority. I made a comment to her - Are you saying me, standing here in front of you is not an important customer. She backed away from the counter and went to the back of the store. After about 10 minutes, she finally reappeared at the front, I asked what the hold up was, she said no one was making the french fries. I said can you get the manager - she said " She is busy in the office and won't come out". I was more upset now and said why can't someone make the fricking fries. Just put them in the bin, drop them in the fryer and set the timer. I then asked for my money back ont he Fries - she said we do not give refunds, you need to wait for the fries. Someone finally made the fries and she went to get them. My food in the meantime was sitting on the counter for at least 15 minutes. I said i wanted a new order filled, I did not want cold food. I was told they could not do that. I took my food in disgust after a full 40 minutes of waiting. The next week when I went in I told the manager on duty about it and the response was he could not control what other managers did not manage. I ordered my food, 2 of the orders were wrong - a constant issue with this location.

Now to the other night. I worked late and stopped to pick-up dinner for my family again ( I gues I am a gliutten for punishment). I typically spend $25 or more on dinner here for the family. I waited for my food and then asked if I could have 2 hot mustard sauces and 6 sweet and sour sauces - the kids like to dip fries in the sweet and sour instead of ketchup. I get these sauces everytime I go in to order food, had the same order just 2 nights before. Iw as told I had to pay for the 6 sauces - What! - never paid for them before. I asked for the manager. One of the employees went back to get her, they had to bang on the door and beg her to come out. It sounded like she did not want to in the beginning. She came to the front after about 5 minutes, and said I have to pay for the sauces that they have been doing this for over a month - news to me since this is the first time I was ever charged. I told her I come here on a regular basis and spend $50 a week at minimum. I can go next door to BUrger King and get all the sauces I want, or the other way to Wendy's and get all the sauces I want. Even Popeyes gives sauces out. I asked her - I am not worth 64 cents as a customer. She bluntly responded "No". So for 64 cents she was willing to lose my service, not only mine but my family's and several friends that I mentioned this to. Has McDonald's fallen so low? To top it off they made one of my sanwhiches wrong not once but twice - they trashed both wrong orders -how much did that cost them? I was leaving in disgust and stopped to ask for some ketchup, two of the people rolled thier eyes and look toward the manager - I just left.

Last night I went to Burger King - I asked for six sauces and they actually gave me eight - no charge. I asked if they charged for sauces - they laughed. I told them McDonald's does - they laughed harder. They also got my order right, seems they have things more together. I wrote the McDonalds on their website, I will see if I get a response and report back here to you on what they say.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo my good sir. Finally the awakening has occurred. McDonald's all over is the same. I can take my pick of which one to go to on any given day and receive bad service - cold food - no stinkin' caramel sauce for my apple DIPPERS! They charge for the sauces out here in L.A. too - just roll with it. They know they got you by the sporting equipment and don't care. They hire idiots too. So word to any idiots - McDonald's is hiring.

    My word to the wise - JUST SAY NO.

    Ciao Y'all

    ReplyDelete