Wednesday, June 17, 2009

McDonalds 2

Well I received an e-mail back from the corporate office. They said they passed it on to the owner and the district manager and someone would be in touch. Never heard from anyone, so I guess they really don't care about my service. So I have effectively ended my relationship with McDonald's. I have told several others about my experience and quite a few of them are not going back either.

Last night I went to Popeye's, I spent a little more due to the higher cost there, but I had a wonderful experience. The employees were very friendly, the store was much cleaner, they were running a little behind, but all the employees came up to me and appoligized including the manager who came up twice. They got my order right and they even gave me all the sauces I wanted. For there short delay (only about 5 minutes) they gave me an extra chicken breast and an extra order of nuggets and appoligized again.

In a down economy, there are many capable workers looking for any type of work. Many of them have customer service backgrounds. I would suggest to McDonald's that they seek out these people, pay them just a little more and hire them. The worst that can happen is the economy gets better and these people leave - or - now they have qualified people and they can use them elsewhere as supervisors and managers. They should remeber that employees are one of their greatest assets but some can becoe liabilities also. The stores would all get a boost from more qualified people's experience. It appears that Popeye's seems to attract better qualified people. The staff at this McDonald's just does not seem to care. Now this is not all McDonald's locations, in fact the one by my office runs extremely efficient and the store is always clean and the employees friendly. Stores like the one down where I live give the other bad reputations. They should remember give one person good service and they tell 10 people about it, give one person bad service and they tell hundreds. Again - my opinion - my explosion of thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment