Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sinking to Rise - A Poem

My heart sinks low each day
Each night I cry and pray
Everyone seems so far away
They ask me not if I’m okay
My thoughts no more do they convey
The love that now does go astray
My heart does heavy weigh
My feeling now in decay
I feel so lost in disarray
They all to me betray
Hope I wish I would belay
The sharp pain does me slay
I feel inside cold as clay
I wish from the sun I’d feel a ray
My life does now delay
A vote for promise is now nay
I pray to God to lead the way
I see the darkness at the end of the driveway
Against me now they do gainsay
My soul has dived into the bay
The evil now I can not slay
The fires rise and form a spray
To each to him to find a way
This awful game that you now play
Please get me out without delay
I want out of the fray
I hold within a beautiful bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment